About the job
Role and Responsibilities:
Design mechanical and electromechanical products and systems by developing and testing specifications and methods, in cooperation with the electrical engineering department and customers to ensure an optimal design of the final project or product. The mechanical engineer will define product specifications, develop conceptual and final design solutions, manage and coordinate project activities, support existing product offerings, and perform testing/analysis of new and existing products.
Essential Job Results:
• Lead in preparation of product definitions and specifications.
• Participate in mechanical product design including product specifications, material selection, CAD design, and
detailed product drawings.
• Design, implement and test new products to achieve desired features and specifications.
• Document designs for product support and efficient development of successive product generations.
• Design to release to production, interface effectively with production department during manufacturing process.
• Creation of maintenance manuals and data sheets; Fulfillment of data sheets.
• Provides mechanical design information by answering questions and requests.
• Estimates material, construction, and labor costs as well as project timescales.
• Coordinate quality control on projects. Check components for dimensions, fit/finish and quality.
• Assist in ongoing R&D of prospective product lines.
• Ensures projects meet mechanical and construction safety regulations
• Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and local regulations.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
• Contributes to the team effort by supporting the business as directed.
• 3D modelling experience: Inventor preferred or Solidworks
• Familiar with process design (not requirement)
• Experience in interfacing with production staff and process.
• Willing to travel for work
• On-site work required
• Industry experience/familiarity with Mining and Civil projects
• 3-5 years experience
• Excellent teamworking and people skills
• A comprehensive understanding of mechanical safety regulations
• Must work well under deadlines and have excellent problem-solving skills.
• A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, Professional Engineer (PE) preferred.
Please send your CV for consideration to:
SIMEM is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by law.